09 10 expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Search This Blog

Monday, May 22, 2017

Using Lace and Tea to Give Your Layouts a Warm Vintage Feel

Hello everyone, I am here today to share my latest project for ScraPerfect with you.  This one was a challenge given to me by DT Penny...she asked me to create a shabby chic scrapbook layout, something I've never done.  I decided to use a precious old photograph that I found of my Grandparents, so it ended up more vintage themed and I love the way it turned out!


This project required some important prep work in order to achieve the vintage feel.  I selected a doily, seam binding, and some laces and tea dyed them, rinsed, and let them dry before using them on this page.
I also gave the blank page a subtle spritz of an antique gold spray.  Then I got out the Best Glue Ever and started layering and attaching the laces to the page.  I made a header with some tea dyed lace mesh, a chipboard word that I covered with Rusty Paper and a layered handmade flower.  For all of this, I made glue dots in various sizes with the Best Glue Ever (depending on the weight of the lace), let them dry for a few minutes and then used them to secure the lace to the paper.


Here is a close up of the handmade flower I created using tea dyed lace, tulle, seam binding, a crocheted doily, and a bling center for sparkle.



The center of my layout is devoted to this amazing photo I found of my Grandparents holding my Uncle when he was a baby.  The pure joy radiating off of their faces touched me heart.  To embellish the photo I used Best Glue Ever to attach small loose rhinestones to my Grandmother's hat and coat.  Of course I used my Embellie Gellie for quick and easy placement.


I intend to hang this page up in my craft room, so wanted some lace to dangle off the page for interest.  For the bottom of the page, I used more of the Best Glue Ever to adhere some tea dyed dangle lace layered under some gorgeous beaded bridal trim.  I also added a lace bow and some flat back pearl trim from my stash.  To finish off the page, I gave it a few more spritzes of the antique gold spray for some subtle shimmer.



I really feel like I honored this cherished photo and hope you like my layout too!



Please be sure to leave me a comment and check out the entire line of amazing products at ScraPerfect.  Stop by this blog everyday to see more creative projects by the rest of this talented team too.   Looking forward to sharing more projects with you again soon.

Crafty Blessings,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment