09 10 expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Search This Blog

Monday, May 13, 2019

Try Stampin on Tuesdays Card Challenge

Hi there!  I am excited to announce that I will be a Guest DT for Try Stampin on Tuesday for the next three months!  Try Stampin on Tuesday is a great card challenge blog with very creative sketches.  If want to play along, subscribe to the blog Try Stampin On Tuesday.  The card I have designed is for the challenge number 408, here is the sketch:


Here is the card that I created:


I have always loved France and since it's been in the news recently and my Daughter is there as I write this; I was inspired to create a card with a Parisian feel.  I started with a blank white card and swiped it with the Tattered Rose Distress Oxide by Tim Holtz.  I cut shapes to match the sketch out of 2 slightly varied colors of pink card stock and one from a hand dyed pink paper.

To add texture, I used Ranger texture paste and applied it with a palette knife through a floral Tim Holtz stencil.  After drying with my heat tool, I lightly swiped it with the Tattered Rose Distress Oxide pad to add subtle color.


I added a beautiful metal rose button and I tied pink crinkled seam binding and black organza ribbon under it.  I really like the contrast they provide.  On the right side of my card, I covered one piece of the pink car stock with a gauzy white lace.  I secured a black Eiffel Tower die cut to that with foam tape for dimension.  I also added some tiny pink rhinestone embellishments on it to dress it up a bit.  I also added a piece of ephemera with the word "French" on it and decorated that with two tiny pearls.


I chose to leave the inside of the card blank since it could be stamped when an occasion arises to use it.  I think it would be pretty for a female birthday or Mother's Day card.  I hope you like it.
I will be back again later in the month with another sketch challenge.  Please follow along or play along, you can see all of the entries and sketches on the Try Stampin on Tuesday blog.


Until Then,

Kim Lippincott





No comments:

Post a Comment