09 10 expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Fun and Easy Rustic Holiday Decor!

Happy Holidays everyone, I am here today to share a fun and cost effective holiday decor piece.  I went to the Dollar Tree recently and found these super cute signs and just had to alter them with some products from ScraPerfect.  The rustic country trend is following us into holiday decor this year and I for one am happy about that!  Hope you like what I created:


I began by pulling some potential goodies from my stash to add to my sign and then got out the Best Glue Ever since I knew it would adhere anything I needed to the wood sign.  Red Chinese braided trim was added all around the perimeter of the sign.  Makes it pop, don't you agree?  Then I began applying tiny dots of the Best Glue Ever for some embellishments. When using the Best Glue Ever, you should really have a 
No Clog Writing Cap on the bottle for additional precision and to make your bottle last longer.


I chose some pearls, so I grabbed my Embellie Gellie to insure perfect placement in the center of the snowflakes.  There is no other way to do this without turning your hands into a sticky mess.  This is a must have for any crafter that works with tiny elements in their art.




As you can see, I also added a trio of pearls on the center where the two edges of trim meet.  Ivory crocheted lace was also applied to the perimeter of the sign with the Best Glue Ever for added interest.
I really liked that this sign already had sparkle so I didn't have to add any.  These signs add cheer to any home during the holiday season and would make great gifts as well!  Once my project was complete,
 I squirted some Best Cleaner Ever on my hands and rubbed them with the Perfect Cleaning Cloth and my hands were spotless in two minutes.  Here is a look at my finished altered holiday sign:


I hope you like my quick and easy home decor piece and will come back in the New Year to see what I make then.  Kindly follow the blog, order your supplies today, check out all social media, and come back for updates and inspiration from ScraPerfect!  I would really appreciate it if you would follow this blog and leave me a comment, thanks again!

Holiday Blessings,

Kim Lippincott

No comments:

Post a Comment