Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Shabby Chic Holiday Snippet Roll

Hello there! Kim N. here today, and I am honored to be the Guest Designer for August and excited to share my shabby holiday snippet roll with you. It is my first snippet roll and I had a lot of fun with this project!

I started by covering a spool with gesso and then fabric from Shabby is Chic Boutique.




  I constructed a diorama on the top by attaching a shabby flower that I made. I then added the bottlebrush trees, pink pearl stamen, feathers, and flowers from my stash, and adorable buttons from the store. On the underside of the top, I attached the white pleated organza trim from SCB that I am in love with.


The snippet roll base is more fabric from Shabby is Chic Boutique with white crochet lace and then a layer of the gorgeous pink sheer embroidered wide lace on top. Then the fun part comes, layering the bits and snippets of various laces, trims, and appliqu├ęs. Everything on the snippet roll is from Shabby is Chic Boutique. I glued most of it down with Fabritac, but some pieces were also pinned down.

 
 

  I also fussy cut some roses out of the fabric and added them throughout the snippet roll. To attach the snippet roll to the spool I used a white and pink heart pin from my stash.


I hope you enjoy my project, thanks for looking and be sure to stop by Shabby is Chic Boutique soon!

Crafty Blessings,
Kim

Shabby is Chic Boutique
 

No comments:

Post a Comment