09 10 expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Shabby Holiday Decor

Hi there, Kim here with my second Guest DT project for Shabby is Chic Boutique. This time I altered a glass block and turned it into a shabby Christmas décor piece.
 
 
I started with a glass block and glued wide lace around the outside, followed by 2 rows of mini flat back pearl trim. I adhered a piece of cardstock to the back of the block that has the message “Merry and Bright” on it and glued some lace from SCB under it.
 
 
On the front, I added some of the gorgeous blue lace from Shabby is Chic Boutique and some silver tinsel trim from my stash. In the center on the top I attached a stunning piece of rhinestone bling, also from the store. I love the look it gives the piece, almost like icicles. I also decorated the corners a bit by adding some silver stars and mini white foam roses that have been sprinkled with glass glitter.
Layering a handmade flower made from the white chiffon trim and light blue seam binding from SCB created the embellishment on the top. I also added some light blue ribbon, white tassels, and light blue pearls from my stash.
 
 
 


 
 
 
I hope you enjoy my project! I had so much fun thinking about winter and the holidays in this sweltering heat. Please check out Shabby is Chic Boutique and thank you so much for looking!

Crafty Blessings,
Kim

Shabby is Chic Boutique
 

No comments:

Post a Comment