09 10 expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Search This Blog

Friday, March 17, 2017

Shabby Altered Tin for ScraPerfect

Hi there, Kim L. sharing a project today with you for ScraPerfect .  I decided to test the Best Glue Ever on metal and it passed with flying colors!  Here is what I started out with:


I completely covered this metal tin, inside and out with the shabby and gorgeous paper from Prima, Tales of You and Me only using the Best Glue Ever from ScraPerfect.  The bond was as strong as it is when I use this product on paper.  The tip I have to share is to apply the Best Glue Ever sparingly to the back of the paper in small dots and then WAIT.  After a few minutes, I then attached the paper to the tin...it worked like a charm!  I used this "glue and wait" method on this entire project. Here is the finished product, it will hold a gift for a dear friend.


When applying the embellishments to the tin, I put the Best Glue Ever on the embellishment rather than the paper and used light pressure due to the weight of some of the items.  I decorated the tin with flatback pearl trim, burgundy pleated trim, rose colored braided trim, a white lace bridal applique, and silk roses from
The Vintage Rose Emporium.  The loose pearls and cameo were from my stash.  


I papered the bottom and inside of the tin too.  You would think that with all that gluing I would put a dent in my bottle of the Best Glue Ever, but this amazing stuff goes a long way making it super economical.  One bottle should last approximately a year!



I did also use my favorite ScraPerfect product on this project, Embellie Gellie to place the loose pearls before adhering them to the top of the tin.  Here is a closer look at the top of the tin.  As always, I used a small bit of the Best Glue Ever to get the excess glue off of my hands in a flash.


Thank you so much for stopping by today, please leave a comment and visit ScraPerfect to check out the entire line of fabulous products.  If you would like to see more of my work, please visit my blog, 
Vintage Rose Creations by Kim.  Looking forward to sharing my next project with you soon and Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

Kim Lippincott

No comments:

Post a Comment