09 10 expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Shabby Series- Altered Plate #3 Aqua "Unique and Special You"

Hello everyone, I am  here today to share my final altered paper mache plate in the series, I hope you have enjoyed them!  I have had so much fun shabbying them up and using ScraPerfect products.  This plate is a pretty shade of aqua and would make a great gift for someone special.  Here it is:



For this plate, I covered it with a coat of white gesso and then painted it with aqua chalk paint.  I then used a gray antiquing paint over the whole plate and removed the majority of it with a baby wipe while it was damp.  I then dry brushed some white paint to complete the antique look.  I got to work then tearing paper into pieces that I decoupaged collage style on the plate.  While it was still wet, I sprinkled mica flakes on the plate to give a shimmery effect.



For interest in the center of the plate, I decoupaged a white crocheted doilie.  I used the amazing
Best Glue Ever to adhere the metal embellishment to the middle of the doilie.  I then ran tiny beads of
Best Glue Ever around the middle edge of the plate and used it to adhere the rhinestone trim to for sparkle.
I also used the Best Glue Ever to glue the aqua organza ruffle trim around the back of the plate for a soft feel.


I also placed 2 pieces of paper in either corner of the plate which reads, "unique and special you".  I chose to add that since this will be a gift for someone special.



For this plate, rather than display it on a stand, I recycled a clear plastic hanger off the packaging of something else and attached it to the back of the plate with the Best Glue Ever as was suggested in a comment from a previous post.  It worked like a charm!


  As always, I finish with clean up, which includes a spritz or two of Best Cleaner Ever on my hands and my work area to take off any excess glue.  Here is another look at the finished plate:



Thank you for taking the time to follow my series of altered paper mache shabby chic plates!  Please leave a comment on this post and stop by ScraPerfect for information about all of the fabulous products, videos, the newsletter, and everything else you want to know.  To see more of my work, please check out my blog, 
Vintage Rose Creations by Kim.  I will be back at the end of the month with a vintage themed scrapbook layout, so please check back!

Until Then,

Kim 

No comments:

Post a Comment