09 10 expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Search This Blog

Saturday, March 9, 2019

Hippity Hoppity Easter's On It's Way!

Hello everyone, I am. here today for ScraPerfect to share a home decor project that is great for Easter or Spring.  I love home decorating for the holiday and found a frame on clearance to alter and I love the way it turned out, thanks to the amazing products from ScraPerfect.  Here is what I created, I hope you like it:


To begin. I measured and cut the cream crochet ribbon and ivory sequin trim and set them aside.  Then I applied small dots of the Best Glue Ever along the turret on the perimeter of my mint green photo frame.  I applied the crochet ribbon while applying gentle pressure and repeated the process with the sequin trim.  I took the back of my frame off  and attached ivory organza to the inside with the Best Glue Ever.  I made medium sized glue dots  from the Best Glue Ever and used them to secure the tea dyed doily to the organza.  This was also done with the rusty overalls, which I swiped with a beige ink pad to give a distressed feel. Whenever I am working with the Best Glue Ever, I keep a small No Clog Writing Cap on my bottle for precision and to reduce the amount used since a little goes a long way!


Now it is time to embellish my project.  I used the Best Glue Ever to attach the mint green metal clip to my frame.  It holds my hanging rabbit resin embellishment that I also added a small ivory gross grain bow to.  On the opposite corner, I used  large glue dots of the Best Glue Ever to secure the white cotton bud and small grey speckled eggs on top to my project.  I also attached the large green egg this way.  Then I got out my Embellie Gellie to add some mica flakes in the middle of my small egg trio, as well as on the clip on the top of my frame.



Thank you all for stopping by today to check out my home decor piece, I had fun making it and can't wait to display it for Easter.  Please be sure to follow ScraPerfect on social media and stop by the store website to purchase your supplies too, you won't be sorry!  If you would like to see more of my work, you can subscribe to my blog, Vintage Rose Creations by Kim.

Until Next Time,

Kim Lippincott

No comments:

Post a Comment