09 10 expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Search This Blog

Thursday, November 9, 2017

Fun Fall Altered Canvas

Hi there! Today I am sharing a Fall project with you.  Have you ever started a project and lost inspiration and set it aside?  I had one of those from last Fall that I was determined to finish.  Here is how it turned out, thanks to my ScraPerfect products:


Here is what I started with, a canvas that I made a background on with water color pencils and a water brush, that sat for a year.


I jazzed it up a bit with some metallic copper ink and Distress Crayons, then got out my cutting machine and the Best Glue Ever and got inspired.  I cut out a Fall design and used the Best Glue Ever with the No Clog Writing Cap on and glued each word or letter on with small dots of glue.


I still wasn't happy with it because it was one dimensional, so I got out some embellishments and went to town. I used the Best Glue Ever to highlight some elements of the design by adding glitter and micro beads.


I placed the brown button with the help of Embellie Gellie.  I don't fiddle with small items anymore since I started using this over a year ago, I love it!




I also used the Best Glue Ever to adhere some orange roses coated with copper glitter to the canvas.  I cut some multi colored leaves out from both plain and textured card stock and coated them with micro beads for interest too.  I put foam squares on the back of the card stock leaves to make them pop.  I recycled the  leaves from the roses and attached them to my canvas with the Best Glue Ever.




For more embellishment , I used the Best Glue Ever to glue some brown braided trim around the outside of the entire canvas.  It looked more finished to me with it. Because I like bling, I also attached some beaded trim to hang down from the bottom.


My final touch was to add a loose bow to the top corner, made from a brown nylon material.
I applied some of the Best Glue Ever, waited for it to set clear, then held my bow in place for a minute until it bonded to the canvas.


I noticed at this point, that some glitter and micro beads had clung to my canvas where I didn't want them.  In hindsight, i should have wiped the canvas with the Perfect Crafting Pouch before getting the glitter out.  Well,everything can be fixed, so I tried the technique after the fact and it still worked great!  I will be leaving mine on my craft desk from now on so I don't have to learn this lesson again the hard way.


At this point, I was finally happy with the end product, hope you like it too!



Please subscribe to this blog, leave me a comment, and check out all of the wonderful products at 
ScraPerfect.  Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Fall,

Kim Lippincott



No comments:

Post a Comment