09 10 expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Search This Blog

Friday, November 3, 2017

Quick and Easy Altered Vintage Spoon Featuring the Best Glue Ever

Hello everyone! I am here today to share another project made simple with the Best Glue Ever from ScraPerfect.  I recently went to a Vintage Market Fair and found some vintage cutlery to play with. Check out this gorgeous spoon I altered:


This is what it looked like before I started:


  I started by taking some Prima paper and fussy cutting some roses.  I applied some of the Best Glue Ever, using a bit more than I thought needed, since it had to bond to metal.  I then waited until the glue was clear before attaching to the spoon, about 5 minutes.



I wanted this to have a winter feel, so I brushed on some Best Glue Ever instead of a decoupage medium, then added my homemade snow mix (snow and lots of glitter).


Then, I started embellishing with flowers, Dew Drops, and tiny rhinestone bling. I was able to place these with ease using Embellie Gellie. I also used a medium sized glue dot made from the Best Glue Ever to attach pink and white seam binding to the underside of the spoon.


I also embellished the pink paper roses by adding small dots of  the Best Glue Ever on them and then sprinkling them with some snow/glitter mix. As you can see, I always use a No Clog Writing Cap on my bottle of glue...it's amazing!  It ensures precise glue placement and prevents me from using more than needed. I also used the adhesive to attach a piece of pink micro pom pom trim around the round part of the spoon.  My final touch was to rub some Metallic Lustre in Rose Gold on the stem of the spoon for more color.  As always, I used a spritz of the Best Cleaner Ever on my hands to make cleaning a breeze!


I plan to also use the Best Glue Ever to attach the tab from a soda can to the back of the stem of the spoon so I can hang it up.  I hope you like how it turned out!  This was truly a project made fast and easily with ScraPerfect!

 

Thanks so much for stopping by today, please check back again for daily inspiration.  Also, be sure to go to ScraPerfect and order your supplies to help you craft faster and easier!  Please subscribe to this blog and feel free to leave a comment.

Until Next Time,

Kim Lippincott


No comments:

Post a Comment