09 10 expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Search This Blog

Friday, October 20, 2017

Altered Canvas Wedding Decor Sign

Hi there!  I am here today for ScraPerfect with a project that I just finished for my daughter who recently got engaged.  I have altered a canvas that can be used as decor for the wedding and also a keepsake.  Everyone knows that the Best Glue Ever is the quick stick for paper crafting, but did you know you can also use it on heavier embellishments?  The Best Glue Ever was the only adhesive that was necessary to complete this project.  Of course I always have the No Clog Writing Cap on my bottle to ensure an even application and help to use only the smallest amount of adhesive possible.  When you see the small embellishments on my canvas, I used my favorite pick up tool to place them, Embellie Gellie.  I hope you like my canvas:




I started this project by painting the canvas taupe and once dry, adding a layer of pearlizing medium for some shimmer.  I then stenciled the Mr. & Mrs. in black paint and when dry, went around the perimeter of it with a layer of taupe for dimension.


After painting, I applied tiny of dots of the Best Glue Ever around the perimeter of the stenciled area. Then I placed ivory flat back pearls on the glue dots with Embellie Gellie.








Now I attached some trims to my canvas.  With a small line of the Best Glue Ever, I secured some taupe ostrich feather trim to the bottom back of the canvas hanging down.  I went around the outside edge with some gimp braided trim which gives a clean look.  I repeated that around the inside edge of the canvas with gimp braided trim.  You would be surprised, but a small line of glue holds this trim down very well!. I also added a row of the ivory flat back pearls all the way around the inside of the canvas for an elegant look.




I also wanted this canvas to have a vintage feel, so I added a vintage applique (that I cut up and used on the top corners) and an applique with lots of pretty dangling pearls. For an added touch, I added an ivory tassel to the back of the dangling pearl applique.


 I added the ribbon pieces to the back of the canvas, tied, a bow, and the adhered some ivory mini rosettes to the pretty white satin ribbon.  I also used some tulle and a larger rosette and attached it to the center of the bow.  I also added some small ivory pearl heart embellishments to the ribbon tails for a extra touch.


This canvas will be carried down the aisle after the ceremony, hang on the bride and groom chairs at the reception, and could even be hung in their home.  Thanks for stopping by today, please take a moment to subscribe and leave a comment.


Crafty Hugs,
Kim 

No comments:

Post a Comment