09 10 expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Search This Blog

Friday, October 20, 2017

Dollar Tree Mirror Shabby Voilet Upcycle

Hello everyone!  Today I am sharing an upcycled project made with a simple, plastic mirror from the Dollar Tree.  I really enjoyed transforming this into a shabby chic masterpiece with the amazing products from ScraPerfect. I hope you like what I created:


The mirror was silver, so I started out by covering it with a layer of gesso and then paint.  To make the scrolled details pop, I used an ink blending tool and lightly hit them with a dark plum ink. I love the result!


To add some interest to the actual mirror, I used my Embellie Gellie to perfectly place ivory flat back pearls all around it.  This pick up tool is the best and made these pearls completely line up where I wanted them.


After that, I started adding embellishments to the handle of the mirror.  For this, I used the Best Glue Ever, it will make anything stick and stay put!  I have the No Clog Writing Cap on my BGE, it helps with control and ensures you don't use too much glue.  I added a silk lavender rosette, then some mulberry flowers from my stash, and a lovely piece of bling.  I also added some ivory and lavender seam binding and lavender lace under the flowers for dimension.  As I always do, once finished, I sprayed a bit of the Best Cleaner Ever on my hands to get cleaned up fast.




I had so much fun decorating this mirror, that I am going to get more since I think they would make great gifts and are so easy to customize. If you are making one for a crafty friend, why not include the wonderful products needed from ScraPerfect:  the Best Cleaner Ever, the Best Glue EverEmbellie Gellie, and the 


Here's a final look at my project: this mirror will be on display in my purple craft room.


Thank you so much for stopping by today, please be sure to leave a comment and subscribe to this blog for daily inspiration and information about the ScraPerfect family.


Kim 



No comments:

Post a Comment