09 10 expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Search This Blog

Friday, October 20, 2017

Shabby Pink Ballerina Gift Box

Hi there!  I am  here today to share with you another upcycle using the fabulous products from ScraPerfect.  I have so many of these boxes from a monthly subscription and I don't want to waste them.  I decided to upcycle them and use them instead of gift bags.  Hope you like my project:


I began by decoupaging some paper from Scrapberry onto the box using my favorite type of Mod Podge...sparkle! I love the effect the glitter gives on feminine and shabby chic themed projects!


To provide some detail on the sides of the top of the box I adhered ivory flatback pearls and pink pom pom trim with the Best Glue Ever.  To keep my bottle in good working condition, I recommend using the No Clog Writing Cap.  It prevents clogging and protects the tip to ensure your ability to use a thin line of glue.  



This ballerina has been in my stash for ages, so I just had to add it to this project.  Her tutu was blue, so I just added pink stickles to it.  I also added a tiny rhinestone to her tiara with a tiny dot of the Best Glue Ever.  I placed the rhinestone with Embellie Gellie, the quick pick up tool.  The ballerina is surrounded by pink resin roses, which were also adhered to the box with glue dots made from the Best Glue Ever.


For the tails that hang down off of the box, I raided my snippets basket for some small pieces of lace, then added pink and white seam binding and a pink tassel.  Each piece was secured to the top of the box with glue dots made from the Best Glue Ever.  I find that the glue dots work better with heavier items like lace and can be made the exact size needed.



Finally, I attached some ivory flatback pearls all the way around the bottom of the box with a thin line of the
Best Glue Ever for added interest. You can also see that I went around the lip of the lid with a white organza trim and a pink pom pom trim from my stash.  These were light enough that I could use 2 thin lines of the
Best Glue Ever to secure them.  As always, when I finish a project, I use of couple of squirts of the
Best Cleaner Ever on my hands as it is non-toxic and I am good to go!

I hope this upcycle inspires you to try one.  I think anyone would love to get a gift in a decorated box that can be used later for storage.  So get some of the extra boxes you have and the products I mentioned above from ScraPerfect and get crafty.

Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment and be sure to subscribe to this blog.  I will be back with another creation tomorrow, so please check back.



Kim 



No comments:

Post a Comment