09 10 expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Search This Blog

Friday, October 20, 2017

Winter Woodland Card

I am here today excited to share a wintery project with all of you.  It is really hot here in the South, so dreaming about cooler temperatures and snow, inspired me to make this card.  This creation came together in no time with the amazing products from ScraPerfect, I hope you like it!



I started out with a craft paper card and used the Best Glue Ever to adhere some striped craft wrapping paper as part of the background.  Then I used glue dots in the center of some burlap (where I knew it would be covered) made from the Best Glue Ever.  Distress ink was swiped around all four edges of the card too.

I wanted to use a wonderful piece of chipboard from my stash for this project, but wanted to give it some extra dimension so decided to heat emboss it.  I went over the chipboard with the Perfect Crafting Pouch, tapping lightly. This works great to prevent static and embossing powder ending up where you don't want it.
After embossing, I turned the chipboard over and applied tiny, thin lines of the Best Glue Ever before securing it on the center of me card.  The Best Glue Ever, combined with the No Clog Writing Cap, was the only adhesive that would get this job done because of how skinny the birch trees are.











Snow paste was added to various parts of the trees with a small brush and left to dry.  I then got out my glitter and the Best Glue Ever and went to town.  I painted a thin coat of glue on another piece of chipboard with a brush, waited about 2 minutes for it to cure, and then covered it with glitter. I also added some snow and glitter to the moose wood piece that I added to the die cut.








I finished off the sentiment chipboard piece by adhering a piece of white ribbon across it with the
Best Glue Ever.  Then I added another smaller matching piece of chipboard that was also heat embossed and glued down the words "embrace the journey" with the Best Glue Ever.

I love the way  this card evoked memories of snowy winters spent up North in my childhood.  I had fun making this and the ScraPerfect family of products made it possible!

Thank you for stopping by today, please leave a comment and be sure to subscribe to this blog for inspiration and check out ScraPerfect to purchase these amazing products.



Kim 


No comments:

Post a Comment