09 10 expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Search This Blog

Friday, October 20, 2017

Witchy Fun!

Hello!  I am here today to share with you a little Halloween project that I made with some of the wonderful products from ScraPerfect.  This is the top half of my creation, keep reading to see the rest...


I started out with a white five by seven canvas, which I painted a coat of Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam in silver on.  I also painted a paper mache star black and added the Glimmer Glam and a few spritzes of white spray on it too.


Using my machine, I cut out the die cut design and used a very small amount of adhesive to attach it to the canvas. With the Best Glue Ever, you truly on need the tiniest dot.  To help ensure you don't waste glue, attach the No Clog Writing Cap to the top of the bottle.  When you are done and put the top for the writing cap on, it will keep your glue bottle from clogging too!



I adhered the die cut to the canvas and then added a large glue dot to the top in the center.  I tied some black lace and gingham ribbon in a knot and put it on top of the glue dot, pressing lightly.  For further embellishment, I tied some black and white bakers twine through the holes of a button and added that to a rosette, which I attached to the center of the bow.  I added some Dew Drops from The Robins Nest to the canvas as embellishment too using Embellie Gellie.  I actually misplaced the stick that came in the package, but never fear!  I grabbed another stick from my stash and just made another one, easily possible because of the generous amount in the package.

The canvas was now ready for the star, which I planned to dangle from the bottom with bakers twine.  But first, I attached another rosette to the center with an embellished button.  I then embellished it with more Dew Drops.  I added 2 black tassels and some white eyelash trim to dangle from the bottom of the star.
I used a medium sized glue dot to attach the dangling star to the canvas to make one piece.
My final step is always to give my messy hands a few spritzes of the non toxic Best Cleaner Ever.


I really had fun with this home decor piece that I made for Halloween, here is a close up of the finished star: 


And here is what the finished product looks like, now all I have to do is decide where to hang it! I hope you like it:


Thanks so much for stopping by today, please subscribe to my blog and leave me a comment.
Happy Halloween!


Crafty Hugs,
Kim 

No comments:

Post a Comment