09 10 expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Search This Blog

Friday, October 20, 2017

Gather Your Embellishments and Check This Out!

Hi there!  I am  here today to share with you a fun project I have been working on all month, in steps.  I went clearance shopping at my local craft store and scored a Heidi Swapp Memorydex and some accessories.  You may remember these as a rolodex, but this one is for crafty inspiration and is a ton of fun to decorate using your products from ScraPerfect.  Here is what my finished memorydex looks like:



I made more cards than I want to count this month, the following was my process:

Grabbed a paper pad with smaller designs and my Best Glue Ever with the No Clog Writing Cap on and adhered background paper to my card, this glue made it go fast and stick like no other glue out there!

Used foam adhesive dots to attach smaller pieces of card stock for dimension.

Applied some planner stickers to some of the cards

Now the fun part...grab as many teeny embellishments as you can to decorate your cards.  Some examples of what I used were: washi tape, flat back pearls, sequins, buttons, paper doilies, resin frames, etc.  Using the Best Glue Ever and my Embellie Gellie, I placed all of my small embellies and let the glue dry overnight.

Give your hands a few spritzes of the Best Cleaner Ever for clean up, its safe for hands!

Assemble your memorydex with headers and your cards and browse through for inspiration when needed.

Here are more of the cards I created, I kept them clean and simple:



Warning: these can get addictive, here are a few more.





This project would be a great upcycle if you could find an old rolodex.  All you would need to do if the cards have been used, is gesso over them and you are all set to make your own crafty memorydex.  I hope you will give it a try, its fun!  Here is one last look at mine:


Thanks so much for stopping by today, please leave a comment and be sure to subscribe to the blog. 


Crafty Hugs,
Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment